How to Reset Gmail Password via Phone Number ?
You need to reset Gmail Password when your Gmail account have been hacked or forgotten. In order to reset you need to have link your Gmail Account with an alternative email address or a mobile number. If you don’t have, still you can reset your password by either answering security questions. Instructions to reset your Gmail password .
- Go to gmail.com.
- Click on forgot password link.
- Enter your last remembered password. And if it happened to be your current password, you will be signed in to your account
- Otherwise to reset Gmail password, enter your alternate email address.
- Your alternative email Address will receive an email with a 6-digit verification code.
- Enter the Recovery code, press next. Password reset page will appear. Sometimes you will be asked some more questions to prove the identity of your Gmail account.
- Alternatively, If you couldn’t recollect your last password. Even then no need to get panic still you can reset your Gmail password without email address. You are required to provide a mobile number which in turn will receive a 6-digit verification code.
- Enter the recovery code and you will be taken to reset page
- Sometimes you will be asked more questions to verify your ownership of the Gmail Account.
- Generally, the questions asked will be based on the information which you have entered at the time of creation of your Gmail account. For example: If you have not given any recovery email address or phone number and that question will not be given but instead you will be asked some questions to ascertain the ownership of your Gmail account.
How to reset Gmail password on Android devices
Steps to reset Gmail password when you have forgotten it –
It is quite an evident fact that Gmail is one of the most popular platforms for making quick and reliable business communication. Gmail is a fabulous email service that is able to bind its current and prospective clients with its great services. Now, sending and receiving emails, storing them in drafts is no longer an issue. But with this rich history of Gmail, there are some glitches associated with it. Sometimes users tend to forget their Gmail password while operating it on android devices. In such a situation the most troubling situation is that the individuals don’t know the process of how to reset Gmail password on Android devices. There are two cases when you need to reset Gmail password. One when you have forgotten your Gmail password and the other is when you know it and still want to forget it. Here, you will get to know the process of how to reset Gmail password on Android password for both the cases.
- Open your smart device and use your android device to head over to Gmail sign in page.
- Insert your user name or Email Id. After that you will be tempted to enter your password.
- Just click on Forgot your password. After that you will be asked to enter your last password if you remember. If you enter right password, you will be able to reset your Gmail password, if you are not able to enter the correct password, move ahead.
- Now, you will be required to enter a secondary email Id or phone number submitted at the time of account creation.
- Once you provide the phone number or email Id, you will receive a link on that email Id or phone number.
- Just click on that and you will be able to reset your Gmail password.
- Enter your new password and confirm it. Save these changes.
- Congratulations you have successfully learned how to reset Gmail password.
Steps to reset Gmail password when you know it –
- Go to Google sign in page. Enter your Gmail Id and login your official Gmail account.
- Now, directly head over to locate the sign in and security option.
- Move to the next step and locate the password option.
- Once located, insert a new password. Check it for spelling errors.
- In case, you find it OK, then you go further and save these changes.
This is the process of how to Change Gmail password when you still know it. In case of any issues you can go to third-party service provider for solving any troubling issues.
For More Help – Change Gmail Password on iPhone