Google Chrome has become one of the most popular web browsing applications these days. It is used by a large number of people because it works efficiently and it has a very simple interface. But as the number of users of chrome has increased, the problems related to chrome has also increased at the same pace. Recently, many users have reported that they were unable to download something using Chrome. They all had the common issue that occurred while downloading in chrome. If you are one of such users, you are in the right place. Here, we will be discussing every possible way to remove this fault from your chrome browser. Read the article carefully.
- Before going further we recommend you to check your internet connection as many such issues like the error occurred while downloading in chrome have a relation with your internet connection. If you don’t have a proper internet connection, you may face such issues. So, before proceeding further you should make sure that your internet connection is working well.
After you have made sure that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection you are using, it is time for you to proceed further with the solutions given below:
Clear the history and cache of your Chrome browser:
The first thing you can do is to clear the cache and history of your Chrome browser. You can clear these by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Chrome on your PC and click on the Menu (it is an icon with three dots available on the top-right corner of the screen)
- Click on the option More Tools.
- Select the option Clear Browsing Data.
- Then, a screen will appear where you have to tick the boxes of the options that you want to clear.
- At last, click on the option Clear to finish this process.
- Use the Chrome Cleanup Tool to remove harmful software from your PC:
You can clear the harmful software from your PC by using the Chrome Cleanup Tool. Many users who faced issues while they were downloading in chrome have resolved this issue by using the Chrome Cleanup Tool. Follow the option mentioned below to run this tool:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the Menu icon(three-dot icon)
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- At the bottom of the list, you will find an option called Advanced, click on that option.
- Click on the option Cleanup computer (available just under Reset and Cleanup).
- At last, click on the option Find.
Disable the Hardware Acceleration Option:
- If any of the tips mentioned above didn’t solve your problem, this is an option worth trying. You can solve this issue by disabling the hardware acceleration option on your Chrome browser. To disable this feature, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the Menu icon (a three-dot icon).
- Select Settings and then click on the option Advanced Settings.
- Under the option called Hardware, disable the option Use Hardware Acceleration when available.
After you are finished with the steps mentioned above, restart Google Chrome on our PC and let us see if this issue has been resolved. If your problem still persists, you can try the other fixes mentioned below.
Disable all the extensions related to downloads:
This is an option worth trying if you haven’t solved this issue yet. Many users have reported that they faced issues while downloading in chrome because of these extensions. Extensions related to downloads may interfere with the downloading process of Chrome. You can disable all those extensions by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the Menu option (the three-dot icon).
- Select the option More Tools then, click on the option Extensions.
- Then, you will see the list of extensions that are enabled on your Chrome.
- You can disable the extensions related to downloads by toggling the buttons available next to those
Reset your Google Chrome:
If any of the options given above didn’t work for you, you can try resetting your Chrome. This may solve the problem that occurs while downloading in Chrome. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset your Chrome:
- Open Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the Menu option (a three-dot icon available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Select More from the list of options.
- Click on the option Settings.
- At the bottom of the list, you will find an option called Advanced, click on this option.
- Tap on the option Reset Settings to their original defaults (this option is present under Reset and Cleanup).
- Click on the option Reset Settings to finish this process.
Note: Resetting your Chrome will erase all the temporary data like cookies that are saved in Chrome. But, the important data will not be affected.
Reinstall Chrome on your PC:
If any of the solutions provided above didn’t work for you, you can reinstall Chrome on your PC. This will solve all your problems related to Chrome. You can do it by uninstalling Chrome from your PC and then reinstalling it. First, you need to uninstall Chrome by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your Windows. (you can do it by searching settings in the search bar at the bottom-left corner of the screen)
- Select Apps then click on the option Apps & Features.
- Find Google Chrome in that list and click on it.
- Then, you will get two options namely Modify and Uninstall. Click on the option Uninstall.
Now, you have uninstalled Google Chrome from your PC, you can reinstall it by downloading chrome from the official website of the Google Chrome. After the download is finished, follow the further instructions to install Chrome on your PC. Then, you will find your issue while downloading in chrome
We have discussed every possible solution to your problem. One of the solutions must have worked for you. But, if you have not solved your problem even after trying all the options mentioned above, you may contact us. We have a team of experts who can solve all your issues related to PCs and phones. You can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below.
Contact Details :-
Read More :-