Firefox was introduced in year 2002. It has been one of the best browsers since then. There are millions of users of this platform all around the world. But the facts mentioned above don’t make this platform free from faults. Many users keep on complaining about several issues associated with Firefox. One of the most common issues faced by the users of Firefox is Firefox keeps freezing issue.
This error can occur any time while you are using this browser. All of the sudden, the browser becomes completely unresponsive. It is very annoying. Recently, people were asking about this question on most of the online forums. If you are one such user facing the same issue, this blog is for you. Here, we will mention several solutions to this issue. Go through this blog carefully to get rid of this problem.
Check if you are using the latest version of Firefox on your PC:
Many bugs are fixed when we update software. This is the first thing that you should try if your Firefox keeps freezing. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Launch Firefox and click on the Menu icon. (this is a three-dot icon at the top-lefty corner of the screen)
- Now, click on the button named Help.
- From the list of options, select the option About Firefox.
- Click on the option Check for Updates.
- If you see an update option available there, click on Update button.
- After your Firefox is updated, restart this browser and see if you have solved this glitch.
Switch back to the Default theme:
If you are using some theme on your Firefox other than default theme, you may face the Firefox keeps freezing In this case, you can solve this issue by switching back to the default theme of the Firefox. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Launch Firefox and click on the Menu button.
- Form the list of options, click on tools.
- Now, select the option Add-ons.
- A window named Add-on manager will open on the screen.
- Go to the Appearance section and select the default theme.
- Now, click on the Enable button to make this change.
Check if any extension is causing this problem:
In many cases, extensions are the culprits. If you have enabled any extension in your Firefox, you may face the Firefox keeps freezing You should try to disable them. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
- Click on the Menu button and then select Tools from the list of options.
- From the Tools section, click on the option Add-ons.
- Add-on manager page will open up on the screen.
- Now, click on the option Extensions.
- A list will appear on the screen containing all the extensions that you have enabled in your Firefox browser.
- Disable all the extensions by clicking on the Disable/Remove button next to those extensions.
After you have disabled all those extensions, you should enable them one by one and see if you are facing this issue. The moment this glitch is back, you will know about the extension that is causing this issue. Avoid using that extension in the future.
Disable VPN Proxy services in your Firefox browser:
If you have enabled some VPN Proxy service in your Firefox browser, you may face the problem of Firefox Keeps Freezing. Here is a guide to help you turn OFF this feature:
- Open the Firefox browser on your PC and then click on the Menu icon.
- Select Tools from the list of options.
- Click on the option Add-ons.
- Options screen will open on the screen. Click on the Advanced tab.
- Now, click on the option named Network.
- From the new page, click on the option Settings.
- In the dialogue box named Connection Settings, make sure that no any Proxy has been selected.
- At last, click on the OK button to finish this process.
This must have fixed your issue. If your problem persists, follow the next fix mentioned below.
Delete the Browsing History, Download History and cache from your Firefox:
If you have not deleted these items in a while, you should delete them. Over time some of these files get corrupted and that may cause the Firefox keeps freezing Here are some steps to help you in this matter. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete these items from your Firefox browser:
- Open Firefox and click on the Library button. (it is an icon with three vertical bars and one tilted bar).
- Select History from the list of options and then click on the option Clear Recent History.
- Choose the Time Range to delete this history from the drop-down list.
- Check the boxes before the following options: Browsing & Download history, Cookies, Active Logins, Cache, Form & Search History.
- At last, click on the button Clear Now to finish this process.
Just after deleting these items, restart your Firefox browser and see if you have solved this glitch.
Turn OFF the Automatic Firefox update feature:
Many users have solved their Firefox keeps freezing issue by disabling the Automatic update feature in the Firefox. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Firefox and click on the Menu icon.
- Select tools from the list of options.
- Click on the option Add-ons. A new window will open on the screen named Add-ons manager.
- From the options page, click on the Advanced tab. (this tab is on the top-right corner of the screen)
- Now, click on the Update tab.
- Select the option Check for Updates but let me choose whether to install them.
- At last, click on the OK button to finish this process.
In this blog, we have mentioned several ways to help you if your Firefox keeps freezing. In case any of your queries remain unanswered, you may contact us through our website. Our team is always available to help you in the time of need. Feel free to connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. The contact details are provided below.
Contact Us : +1(866)235-4333
Read More:- How to fix Mozilla Firefox Critical Error