Gmail is the most widely used emailing service all around the world. Millions of people use this service. But these facts don’t mean that Gmail is free from faults. Thousands of users keep on complaining about some problems related to Gmail all the time. Recently, most of the online forums were flooding with queries related to Gmail Server Error 007. If you are one such user facing the same issue, you are in the right place. Here, we will discuss all the probable reasons behind this issue and their possible solutions. Go through this article carefully to get rid of your problem.
Causes of this error:
This error is very irritating because it disables the users to perform any task in their Gmail account. Sometimes, the page is completely frozen. Many people believe this error is caused because of excessive messages in their inbox. But this is not the case. Here are some probable reasons behind this error:
- Because of HyperText Transfer Protocol.
- Due to connectivity issues.
- Presence of some malicious software in the system.
- Problems with the Web Browser.
Solutions to this issue:
Now that you are aware of the reasons behind this error, you must have got a clear cut idea about what this error is all about. It is time that you know about the solutions to this problem.
Check your internet connection:
Whenever you are facing issues with any of your online services, you should check your internet connection first. If there is anything wrong with your internet connection, you may get Gmail Server Error 007. Open an online service other than Gmail. If you are unable to open that service as well, then there is something wrong with your internet connection. You should contact your ISP to solve this issue. There may be a fault in your PC as well. Run the Network Connection Troubleshooter to check it. If you are facing the same error after trying this fix, read the next solution mentioned below.
Check if you are using the latest version of Browser on your PC:
Many users have faced the Gmail Server Error 007 because they were using an outdated version of browser on their PC. You can solve this issue by updating your browser to the latest version available. Here, we will mention the steps to update some of the major browsers in the market.
If you are using Firefox, follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Firefox and click on the Menu
- From the list of options, select Help.
- Click on the option About Firefox and then click on Check for Updates.
- If there is an update available, click on the Update
- Restart the Firefox after the update is finished.
Users of Google Chrome should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC and click on More (it is an icon with three dots)
- From the list of options, click on Update Google Chrome.
- If you see an update available, then click on the Update
- In case, you don’t see the update button then, you are updated.
If you are a user of Safari, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open App Store on your Mac.
- Click on the Updates
- Then, you will see a list of applications that need an update. See if there is Safari in that list.
- If you see Safari there, click on the option Safari Update and it will be updated.
Delete Cookies and Cache from your Browser:
Several users have solved this matter by deleting the Cookies and Cache from their browser. In most of those cases, the browser was Google Chrome. If you haven’t done it in a while then, follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC and then click on the Menu
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Scroll down and click on the option Show Advanced Settings.
- Go to the section Privacy and Security.
- Click on the option Content Settings.
- Select the Cookies option from here and then click on the option See All cookies and Site Data.
- At last, click on the button Clear Data and then on Done
Now you have deleted all such non-essential data from your Google Chrome that may cause the Gmail Server Error 007.
Disable all the extensions from your Google Chrome:
If you have enabled many extensions on your Google Chrome browser, you may face the Gmail Server Error 007. Here are some steps you should follow for disabling them:
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC and click on the Menu
- From the list of options, click on More Tools.
- Now, select the option Extensions. A new page will open on the screen mentioning all the browsers that you have enabled in your Google Chrome.
- Disable all those extensions by clicking on the toggle button next to those extensions.
Turn OFF the Background Send feature in your Gmail:
There are several Lab features in Gmail. These are some optional features that are in the experimental phase. No doubt, some of these features are very cool, but many users have reported facing issues while using the Lab Features. Background Send is also one of many Lab Feature that Gmail offers. If any of the fixes mentioned above didn’t solve your issue, you should try to disable the Background Send on your Gmail account:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on the Settings ( it’s a gear-like icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click on the option Settings from the list of options.
- Locate and click on the tab named Lab.
- When you have opened that tab, find the option Background Tab and click on the Disable button next to this option.
Scan your PC for malware and other malicious software:
If any of the solutions mentioned didn’t work for you, this is an option worth trying. If there is any malicious software in your PC, you may face the Gmail Server Error 007. You can solve this issue by scanning your PC. There are plenty of anti-virus software available in the market. Steps to scan the PC using different browsers may differ. But, we are mentioning the steps that will help you to scan your PC using the Windows Browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Click on the Start icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings (it is a gear-like icon that is just above the on/off symbol).
- Select the option Update & Security from the list of options.
- Click on Windows Security and then select Virus & Threat protection.
- On the new page, click on Scan
- Click on Custom scan and then click on Scan Now to finish this process.
Wait until this process is finished and then see if you have solved your issue.
In this blog, we have mentioned all the possible ways to fix your Gmail Server Error 007. If any of your doubts remain unclear even after trying all the steps mentioned above, you can contact us through our website. Our trained team is capable of solving all your issues related to PCs and Phones. You can also connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. Our contact details are provided below.